by HGH Physicians Team
High-intensity interval training (HIIT) has been found to boost human growth hormone (HGH) and testosterone levels safely and naturally. HITT exercises work to boost growth hormone and IGF-1 levels by up to 700% to help you build more lean muscle and burn fat more efficiently. To help you balance your hormones and get the most out of your workout, here are some effective HIIT exercises and stretches to prepare you.
A dynamic warm-up routine uses “dynamic” stretches that involve moving rather than static stretches. Dynamic stretching is an effective warm-up routine because it activates the muscles you will use during your workout so they will already be engaged. It also improves your range of motion and enhances muscle power and performance. Here’s a quick dynamic stretching routine you can use before a HIIT workout.
- Lunge with a twist. This move combines a forward lunge with a twist. The forward lunge activates your hips, glutes, and legs while stretching your hip flexors, while the twist stretches the muscles in your back and activates your core. As you lunge, step forward and drop your hips. Slowly twist to the side as you lunge.
- Knee to chest stretch. This move mimics a running stride when you bring your knee toward your chest before your foot hits the ground. Alternate each foot as you walk forward.
- High kicks. This move activates your hamstrings and improves your range of motion. You can do high kicks while you walk or while stationary.
- Hip stretch with a twist. This move opens your hips and stretches your back and core. Start in a push up position and bring your left foot to your left hand while keeping your hips down and back flat. Take your right hand, twist it to your right while extending the arm and reaching upward, then return to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
- Jump squats. Jump squats warm up your lower body. Begin with your feet shoulder width apart while keeping your hands behind your head. Squat until your hips are parallel with the ground then jump.
High-Intensity Interval Training Exercises
Here are two beginner HIIT workouts that boost your production of HGH.
Easy Beginner HIIT Program
- Jab, cross, front (left side)
- Jab, cross, front (right side)
- Jumping jacks
- Sumo squats
Do three sets of 20 seconds with a 10 second rest between each. The first set involves standing with your left foot in front of your right and your hips facing to your right. Bring up your arms as if you’re boxing, then jab forward with your left arm, throw a cross punch with your right arm, and rotate your body so your right arm is crossed over your body to the left. Bring your arms back up, shift your weight, and face forward.
A sumo squat involves positioning your feet a bit more than hip-width apart and pointing your toes outward. Keep your weight on your heels with your back flat and chest up. Squat until your thighs are parallel with the ground, then use your quads and glutes to push back up.
Metabolic Conditioning Workout
- Butt kicks
- Tricep dips
- Side lunges
This routine has three rounds, each with one minute of recovery afterward. Each set should be 45 seconds with a 15 second rest between each exercise.
To do butt kicks, walk in place and kick your left heel up to touch your buttocks, repeating with the right foot. Tricep dips involve placing your hands on a chair with your back to the chair. Straighten your legs and balance on your palms, then bend from your elbows to lower yourself as far as you are comfortable. You should feel your core engaging. Side lunges involve stepping into deep lateral lunges while keeping your knee above your toes.
Author Bio: Led by Dr. Richard Gaines, a pioneer in the use of hormone therapy to combat aging, HGH Physicians offers the latest in Doctor-prescribed growth hormone therapy for those who are unable to regulate hormone levels naturally throughout the United States.
Category: Our Expert Guests